Thursday, February 16, 2012

The "After" Version


Cropping:  I took Janet's advice and removed the 100% from the bottom of the left column.  I also cropped the screen grab and removed the word "detail," as well as cropping out the magnifying glass.  This definitely simplifies the left side which previously contributed to cognitive overload. 
Color Choices and Echo:  Additionally, I altered the color by adjusting the gradient colors. Now, the darker color covers a larger portion of the lower left portion providing a stark contrast with the multi-colored flowers and giving more dimension to the "Life is" font.  Most importantly, by switching the placement of the yellow and orange, the yellow now gives the perception of sunlight that flows in a similar diagonal direction with proximity to the watering can and the colored ribbons (which by the way, match the colors of the flowers). 
"Overflowing:"  Now, I know this may alter the two terms that I used to describe myself.  However, I decided that "stretched but fulfilled" could be clustered together to generate "overflowing."  And overflowing can denote a positive or negative personality trait, depending on the day and situation.  I do think this improves my poster.  I always appreciate critiques and advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment